BROKEN SAILFISHER

Started by AJ, November 15, 2012, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ

The right side plate on my Penn 130 Sailfisher is broken.    I have not been able to find a replacement.  Can this one be glued back together?

akfish

Glue will only work if the reel is for display, not fishing. Getting a replacement side plate will be tough. Your best bet is to look for a beater 130 on eBay.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Bill B

I really don't know the answer, but what's the possibility of cleaning up the broken edges with a dremel and converting it to an open drag system? Just thinking outloud.....wondering if it is a possibility.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

john2244

There is a NOS side plate on Ebay for $23.00.

John

AJ

John,
I could only find a left side plate on e-bay for the 130 could you send me a link please?

Keta

Check your PM's it is Buy it Now and at a fair price, I'd suggest jumping on it ASAP.  There is a left side plate NOS for $9.99 too, see PM.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

AJ

Thanks, it is bought and paid for.

Keta

Good, you are lucky John found them and at a good price. I think I paid more for a left side one for a 99.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

actually, you do not need to replace it.  the open drag penn 4/0 senators had that big fancy spacer.  you can use that.  they are hard to find, though. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

AJ, have you ever fished with your sailfisher?  I have one but I probably won't ever use it.  As you know, parts are almost impossible to get. 
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Not this afternoon, I can't bieleve it.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Looks like a clean break, I would have cleaned it a bit with a dremel and added a top hot washer. You would have had something really unique.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

AJ

George, no I have not fished this reel, still trying to get it in working order.  Not sure if I will, but it isn't a show piece either.