Angler Troltek

Started by Jocool, October 28, 2009, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jocool

Alan, thank you very much for your help in the past, and i hope I can impose on you once more. Any help offered will be gratefully accepted!

I have a little Angler Troltek 20L reel that has lost it's drag. No matter how much you dial in, it has no drag. I have pulled it down repeatedly, and found no faults. I have even made up a spacer to go between the drag plate and the pinion ala the TLD 20 mod that you do, to try and get more tension on the drag...NOTHING!  :-\ :-\

I checked and changed the orientation of the bellvilles, cleaned and then changed the drag washer for a thicker one, fitted a couple of extra thrust washers, ensured the cam and lever were interacting correctly...it's got me stuffed. Oh, and i don't have a schematic for it either.

Do you have a suggestion as to what I have missed? I'm sure it will be something trivial, but I just can't put my finger on it.

alantani

joe, is the spectra slipping on the spool? ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jocool

Quote from: alantani on October 28, 2009, 09:08:33 PM
joe, is the spectra slipping on the spool? ;D

No, It's not. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that I get more resistance in free-spool than I do with drag 'on'! :o

alantani

if this is something that happended suddenly, my first guess would be a cracked belleville washer.  you might try changing the belleville configuration from "()" to "((" for a two-belleville configuration, or "()()" to "(())" for a four belleville configuration.  this reel worked properly and one point, right? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jocool

I don't know if it was sudden or not, but I assume that it fished OK at some stage. I have checked the configuration and tried it in the ways you suggested, but still to no avail. I even spaced it with some more thrust washers to try and make it grab, as well as doing the 'tape under the drag plate' trick.

I'm ready to give up and give it back to it's owner. >:(