Calstar "750"H

Started by TwistedCustomRods, November 16, 2012, 07:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedCustomRods

Right after 9/11/2001 I originally built this rod.  It was an 800H that I cut 2" off of the tip and 4" off of the butt. I wrapped it in red, white and blue with an American flag wrap.  This rod quickly became my all time favorite 40# stick.  It has caught me countless albacore, yellowtail to 40# and YFT to 105#.  I built it with Fuji SiC's and it had a cork tape grip.  This was my last personal rod that was not spiral wrapped.

On some of the bigger YFT I have caught, the reel started to move around during the fight and I really didn't like the fact that it wasn't spiral wrapped so I decided it was time for an upgrade.  After stripping the rod I was trying to decide what colors to wrap it in.  I was outside a couple weeks ago throwing the ball with my dog, enjoying the fall weather when it hit me that fall was my favorite time of year so I used fall as my inspiration for the colors on the rod.

Enjoy!

And a bonus pic of my rod wrapping partner; Douglas the long-haired Dachshund.

Need a new rod? Why not get a custom rod made for where you fish, how you fish, all the while fitting your personal style!?  http://www.twistedcustomrods.com

WCFLA

That rod is the beez kneez!

Regards,
WCFLA

alantani

very nice!  btw, we still have your sweatshirt.  i'm home all day tomorrow.  if you have time, swing by and pick it up!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gone fishin

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!  That's what I like, art and function in the same package.

Norm

doradoben

WOW!! I like your color choice...