carbon fiber drags

Started by kamuwela, October 28, 2009, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamuwela

can you tell me when penn started to use carbon fiber drags? my question is for single and two speed internationals. i can tell by looking but was wondering what models need upgrade ,so i can plan ahead before taking reel apart. i have been getting all my parts from https://www.mysticparts.com/. thanks alan great place  for parts. they ship to hawaii via postal service half price of ups and the longest ive waited has been a week mostly have been 2-3 days. all parts in stock, along way from hawaii, but they have everything i need. parts for the last VSX i did were unavailable locally, so now i use scott's first they havent let me down yet thanks again alan aloha kamu honolulu

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

alantani

probably 30 years ago!  and teflon grease has been around longer than that.  just think of all those fish that were lost because of stick drags and the answer was there all the time.  yeah, mysticparts.com is great.  that's where i go, too!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!