Problems with Mike's reel repair. ABU part.

Started by fisher480, November 17, 2012, 10:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisher480

I have an ABU 4600 C4 which needs a new frame. I finally ordered one through Mike's Reel repair. The web site said that the item was in stock so I ordered it. It turns out it wasn't and I'm left in limbo 2 month's later. I think it is very poor when a site advertises an item in stock when it isn't. I understand they are waiting for the part from ABU but why say they have it when they don't.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Nuvole

I normally order from them, then hid away the reel that need the parts and forget about it, knowing some day the parts will arrived, but when is always an unknown ;-\

conchydong

Try e-mailing CiCi directly. She is the new rep. for Mikes. mailto:cierra_coles@hotmail.com
She is on this board as CiCiColes and she is trying to improve things over there. Good Luck, hope things work out for you.

Ken_D

Quote from: fisher480 on November 17, 2012, 10:41:02 AM
I have an ABU 4600 C4 which needs a new frame. I finally ordered one through Mike's Reel repair. The web site said that the item was in stock so I ordered it. It turns out it wasn't and I'm left in limbo 2 month's later. I think it is very poor when a site advertises an item in stock when it isn't. I understand they are waiting for the part from ABU but why say they have it when they don't.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Cierra has set up a "parts" sub-forum at Mike's forum site. This for current needs, I suspect, not general "bee-atching"....send her an email, as per the suggestion above.and I'm sure things will work out.  Earlier, it was stated that Purefishing was super-quick in sending things to Canadian folks. Not.  I deal with several other Canadian vendors for other makes of reels under the Purefishing umbrella, and _to a site_, they report that since Jarden took them all over, it's twice as long.... Did you read the parts site correctly... On top, it has a rider, that says this is a list of parts available from the vendor, not necessarilyily what is actually in stock...