Flounder Run

Started by saltydog, November 18, 2012, 03:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltydog

The flounder in Galveston bay have been biting pretty good for the last two weeks with the big girls showing up in force now.Curly tails tipped with finger mullet or mudminnows are it.
Got my limit in thirty minutes each day for two days(2 a day),with some nice fish.

ABU 5000 with a 6' med heavy flippin stick and 12# mono

Double curly tail jigs with 1/8 to 1/4 oz. heads rigged with an albright connection/tied here with hvy dacron so you could see

And the jigs can be tipped with any form of little critter because Flounder aren't very picky,finger mullet,mud minnows,squid,and shrimp are favorites.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Alto Mare

Nice door mat on your left....One of my favorite to eat. Show the type of rig that you use down your way.
Thanks for sharing, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

Ron Jones

Oh Lord,

Some good eating their. Looks nice.
As this is a reel forum, what was the gear?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bluefish69

What was your biggest so far? Mine was 9 1/4#.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

saltydog

9#6 oz. was the biggest so far,hoping to get a 10+ before the big girls go backoffshore.Been working on my jighead stash before I go out gotta pour another couple oh hundred.On a good note saw some nice trout caught in the 4-5# range just none bit my hook,YET.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

bluefish69

Up here the HOT Bait is the Gulp Swimming Minnow - 4" or 6" in white or yellow on a Bucktail with a fast twitch of 2".

wallacewt

bluey, you gotta talk australian

bluefish69

Thanks for calling me bluey. I had a very close friend that called me that & I really liked it.

How do I get that Down Under Accent like you?

wallacewt

straight left to me gob did it to me