newell has been bought out.

Started by alantani, October 28, 2009, 09:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: alantani on October 28, 2009, 09:17:43 PM
Hi Alan,

I found the contact info. for the new company that took over Newell, Norma still handles the parts orders!!! here's the phone # 818-504-6085 and fax # 818-504-6125.

SDTone

tony, thanks for the info!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

just called norma to order some parts.  so the drill is that you give her a call and get the prices.  then she will give you a total and you have to send a check.  once the check clears, they will send the parts.  the mailing address is ......

Valley Manufacturing
11915 Wicks Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352
818-504-6085

shawnhu

Heard that Norma no longer works at Newell.

alantani

yeah, things look bad, but it's hard to know what is rumor and what is fact.  i just hope they survive in some way. 

franky

My brother lives in Santa Clarita and we drove out to Valley Manufacturing this past Monday 11/14/2011.  We arrived at 2:30 pm and the parking lot and office building was closed.  :-\

Bankers hours  ???

alantani

i was talking to one of the okuma guys and told them that they should buy out newell.  half joking, half not.

spottybastard

So as of now Newell is no more?  I was thinking about buy a couple used newels and putting Tiburon frames on them, but I don't want to buy a real with no parts available...

alantani

not sure what to say.  everyone talks about newell coming back, but is probably just wishful thinking.   :-\

shawnhu

I just got around to doing some work on the 2 Newells that I have, only to find out that I might be needing some parts.  The old bearings don't seem to want to come out!

Bryan Young

I have the same problem.  Might have to drill those babies out...break the inners first though...what to do, what to do...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Biggameaddict

Its 1.7 miles away from me  ;D i might go and check them out this week.