Accurate Boss 870

Started by triumphrick, November 20, 2012, 12:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

A customer wants new drags for his 870. I logged onto the Accurate site and could find very few parts for sale...more less drag material.
From what I read, Dawn doesn't carry them.
Would anyone know who does??

Thanks, Rick

akfish

You'll need to call Accurate to get the drag washers; the only parts they sell through their website are spool bearings, handles and a very few other parts. But do you really need new drag washers? I've found that they last pretty much forever. Clean them off, coat them with Cal's and I'll bet they'll work like a charm.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

take a look at the drag washers in his reel.  if he had carbon fiber that was installed dry, then they may be badly salted up and a replacement might be in order.  if they are greased, then clean them up, regrease them and call it done.   a replacement would not be necessary, regardless of what he wants. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

triumphrick

Thanks for both the replys....

I have asked him to ship me the reels and let me have a look first.

He is wanting them replaced even though I have tried to let him know just what you both have said!

I don't mind calling Accurate....I just thought I could find something on their site.... :-\

alantani

as a general rule, i will not let people waste money.  if he insisted on my watch, i would gently refer him somewhere else.  he might turn out to be one of those customers that you really wish you didn't have.   :-\

triumphrick

Thanks Alan....for these  words to the wise..!!

alantani

i have a couple of customers like that.  when things go wrong because they did not follow your advice, it is somehow still your fault.  referring him to accurate for service might be the best bet.  alan

day0ne

Quote from: triumphrick on November 20, 2012, 01:07:36 AM

I don't mind calling Accurate....I just thought I could find something on their site.... :-\

I think Perri is building the Accurate web store in her spare time. It keeps getting more stuff on it. They didn't used to have a web store at all.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

alantani

i just took a look.  it's really nice.