Drag Washers for a CV-20L??

Started by Fishnmike, November 21, 2012, 06:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnmike

Does anyone know what the proper replacement carbon washers would be for a CV-20L?  I know for the 30L I had to get Penn HT-100's, does Penn make a size that will fit the 20L?

Thanks,
Mike

Jimmer

Don't know what size HT-100's fit, I would just buy a set of dragmaster's carbon fiber from Tuna's reel troubles - no guessing whether you will have drag stack height or other problems. Best to order online here  http://www.tunasreeltroubles.com/index.html
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Bryan Young

Quote from: Fishnmike on November 21, 2012, 06:20:03 PM
Does anyone know what the proper replacement carbon washers would be for a CV-20L?  I know for the 30L I had to get Penn HT-100's, does Penn make a size that will fit the 20L?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

I'm sure Penn has something close, but you will need to open up your reel and measure.  If Tuna Troubles already has the size, then it may be easier to go through them.

Okuma may also have them as many of their reels have been upgraded to CF drags.  909-923-2828.  I think the guy to contact is Dan or Daniel.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishnmike

Yeah I knew if I took it apart I could measure them but was hoping someone knew the right size so I could keep fishing the reel until they got here. ;D

Jimmer, that Tunareels site is awesome! Thanks.