my table is full

Started by dobrobill, November 23, 2012, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Great collection. I'm pretty sure I found six spinners. I didn't even put on my glasses either. ;) Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Jeri

Hi All,

This thread reminds me that all of you should not feel quite so guilty, as we have a sign in our shop that reads:

"The only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys - however, he with the most toys - wins!!!"

While that sign makes all the wive that come hopping in a custom rod shop - smile, they frown when the read the one below:

"If people really concentrated on the important things in life - there would be a shortage of fishing rods!!!"

Cheers from sunny Africa,

Jeri

Danhans

Tile

You should make yourself a man cave and neatly order your rods and reels  :). The closet won't do well :).
In solid fiberglass we trust

Brendan

Now I'm up to seven.

Cone

Me too. Three on the rods and two at the top and two on the bottom of the table. I might see another but I'm not sure. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

doradoben

dobrobill.. I was feeling bad about having 40 reels, but after viewing the photo I feel much better now. Thanks for posting it.. ;)

Bill B

If you need someone to help relive some of the pressure on the closet let me know, I'll take a break from moving and help "lighten" the load.... ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Fish-aholic

Great pic! I bet all that tackle took a while to return to a safe haven  :D

Wael

I can Only say: Great Job. You should be awarded by Penn. ;)

dobrobill

Thanks everyone for all comments. some are LOL
To clear up some of the confusion. I have those large yellow and grey hooks from Ho'me De'Pot on the ceiling of my closet. Some hold up to three rod and reels. Yes it is a large closet. All the rods on the table have reels on them and I gently laid other reels on top. The process took awhile. Only a couple of rods leaning on the glass don't have reels. The reels on the right side of the table are orginal and most have their boxes and are like or are new condition. Because I have spent many hours on the other reels they all pretty much look like new even though I have used some many many years. A couple of spinners have a couple of chips from being used. None have rust. When I put them all away after my picture the biggest problems were which cover went with which reel because I don't have covers for all and use socks on many. Then it was By Gosh which hanger did they go on because some only fit one hanger one way. I had to use a 6 foot step ladder to get the pic.

Alto Mare

That's a nice problem to have,  Bill ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.