Penn 50sw question

Started by T-ARIMA, November 24, 2012, 09:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-ARIMA

I have a Penn 50sw which works fine (I just caught a cow on it fishing a salami last January). I long time ago had it worked on, installing a free spooler with increased drag. The drag is fine, free spool is fine, the only thing I would like to correct is once the strike drag is set at say 25 lbs at the strike location, full free spool occurs at just a just 1.25 inches of travel down from the strike position. To remind me of this I have put a orange piece of tape at this location. I would like to correct this so that I get the normal 50SW strike position to free spool full throw. I have had it apart many time over the years things look fine (()).    Any Ideas how to repair this.

Thank you T-ARIMA

alantani

with high drag setting, small changes in lever position create big changes in drag setting.  if you fish yours that way, this would not surprise me.  unless you want to file away at the cam, there is not much else you can do.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

looks like a modified 50 the factory bellevilles are two different thicknesses. the schematic shows it )))). worth a try to seee if it suits your taste. but as alan says the higher the setting the faster the ramp up.