Penn 50 vsw....

Started by triumphrick, November 28, 2012, 10:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

Hey, guys...I just got this note from a potential customer...

I have searched here and elsewhere, and all I could come up with on early 50 vsw's was a bearing cap issue.

Is this anything that any of you might have been aware of?? Or can you make better sense of what he is asking..???   ;)

Thanks, Rick

His note..."I have the first 50VSW that came, the one with the problem of the drag cover without the pin that got loose. I don't know if you are familiar with it. Also the reel was worked to fix that problem but the solution was to sealed with glue, it was a pain to open and a couple of screws are freeze, when I finally got the reel apart I found out that the brake disk was loose (not attached to the metal part). Is there anything you can do to fix this, also if you have to change all the brakes, will it be cost effective or the reel is not worth it?"

Bryan Young

you might be able to re-glue the brake material to the metal backing plate.  I would contact PureFishing (Penn) first.  Maybe you can get a new drag system due to this defect.  I would send pictures of what you are seeing so that hey have an idea and guide you further in the replacement process.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

triumphrick

Thanks, Bryan....

Penn has a fix for that cover..and the repair parts are free...

I will see if they wont throw in the drag plates as well...

I am still trying to get my customer to agree to send me the reel...he is in Puerto Rico and wary of sending it out...

It's a good reel with the fix.....