"Cured" Hamachi

Started by Keta, December 03, 2012, 05:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

My youngest daughter took dad out for sushi in Eugene yesterday evening (dad paid of course) at a friend of hers restaurant, a small hole in the wall place in a bad neighborhood of "weired" Eugene, Oregon.  Toro the owner/chef has been testing a few things and we are some of his test subjects, so far it's been fair to great and no one had died yet.

Last night we got to try some of what he calls cured hamachi, it was verry good!

Sprinkle some salt and pepper on a yellowtail fillet (kingfish for you that live upside down) and smoke at less than 70° with little smoke for 30 minutes, chill, cut and enjoy.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

That sounds really yummy.  My friends do something similar with Salmon.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

dobrobill

saltydog

Sounds like a winner to me.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

DaBigOno

That sounds good either way; with the yellowtail or with the salmon.  What was the restaurant called?   Next time I'm in Eugene, I might have to go and check it out.   
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain