114h side cover

Started by BMITCH, December 08, 2012, 09:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

YOU DEFACED MY DOG BY DRILLING A HOLE IN IT ;D..........good idea for how you set up the spring. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

I've decided that I already have the new side cover here so I'm going to cut and grind it. Basically start from square one. The question I now have is what SS dogs do I need to get from keta so that the dogs are alternating? Do I need one for the 114H and one for a 115H? Or do I need to just modify two dogs for the 114H?
luck is the residue of design.

Cone

Two 114h dogs installed will be alternating. You would need a longer dog or shorten the 114h dogs to get them to engage at the same time. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

BMITCH

Thanks cone...try this one more time!

BMITCH

Final reso
Be to this problem was a combination of issues. 1- the placement of a stud as per sal gave me a contact point for the bridge plate. 2- the dogs were a little to hefty(.2mm) so taking some of the meat off those helped and finally 3- I used the bridge screws that are not threaded all the way down in hopes that the plate wouldn't bind. Got it all back together and it is solid. There is nothing like hearing two SS dogs going as you turn the handle. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for all the help!! Can't wiat to fish it.

Bob