VIDEO OF DOMINICK CATCHING A STRIPED MARLIN ON LIGHT TACKLE

Started by Dominick, December 10, 2012, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Members:  As you know in another post, I fished the WON Tuna Tournament.  I also posted a couple of pictures of some Dorado we caught and mentioned catching a Marlin.  I did not know the my friend's wife video taped this epic battle.  Notice the style is calm and smooth.  When you see me resting, the fish is taking line, so there is no reason to crank.  You'll also see me crank fast.  Those times the fish was coming at the boat or the captain was backing up. There are 3 videos in the first one the person handling the camera had the camera sideways for the first 2:51.  You can skip to 2:51 if your neck hurts.  The rest of the videos are pretty cool.  Enjoy.  I'm going back in June 2013, if anyone is interested P.M. me your resume and set an appointment for an interview ;D.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

How did you stay in the boat in the begining of the first viedo?  Nice!

What is the reel, it looks like a Avet LX?   My only marlin (a striped) was caught on a LX and 40lb line.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on December 10, 2012, 03:39:57 AM
How did you stay in the boat in the begining of the first viedo?  Nice!

What is the reel, it looks like a Avet LX?   My only marlin (a stripped) was caught on a LX and 40lb line.

Hi Lee: I thought it might confuse you, the camera was sideways not me :D.  The reel was a Shimano (Talica?) 15 or 25.  I looked but I don't remember.  For all I know it could have been an Avet.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

BTW, I did not know that clicking on the videos gets you into all my albums on photobucket.  Feel free to browse the albums. Dominick

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

If you wear a straw hat your nose does not have to be white.  Nice photos, were the rooster fish from this trip?

Mark Twain

Squirmypug

Nice fish Dominick, those look like alot of fun to catch.  ;D
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

wallacewt

i enjoyed that ,thanks dom
i clicked on your video to look at your pics,and guess what
up came my photos on the bloody bucket.
WHaaaaaaaaaaa

HOLEINTHEWATER

Cone

Great video's Dominick. Well the first one could have been better.  ;) It looks like you and the crew did everything right! Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on December 10, 2012, 04:36:26 AM
If you wear a straw hat your nose does not have to be white.  Nice photos, were the rooster fish from this trip?
Not this trip.  I like to make a casual fishing trip on some days.  Usually what I do is sleep until I wake up without an alarm or wake-up call (usually 6:30 or so).  Sit around and have coffee, go for breakfast then about 9 - 9:30 a.m. go to the marina and meet a panga captain who is grateful for having slept a little late also.  Then we go out and fish in the surf from a panga for Jacks and Roosters.  We also sometimes get Pargo (Dog Tooth Snapper) in the surf if we fish a spot near some rocks.  After a couple of hours we come in have lunch and a couple or three cervesas then it is siesta.  This is a great way to live.  I do it but I hate early mornings.  Dominick

alantani

do you have to be registered with photobucket to see anything? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on December 10, 2012, 07:38:36 AM
i enjoyed that ,thanks dom
i clicked on your video to look at your pics,and guess what
up came my photos on the bloody bucket.
WHaaaaaaaaaaa

Wallace:  Post the link for your photobucket photos and we can move over and view them.

Quote from: alantani on December 11, 2012, 08:29:03 AM
do you have to be registered with photobucket to see anything? 

Alan:  I don't think so but I am sending the link to some friends that do not have a photobucket account to try it.  Dominick

wallacewt

pescachaser,
that would be like winning lotto for me just as hard.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

congratulations Domick! did you have a glass of something with "chaser" afterwards?