Calcutta 201B problem

Started by Norskov, December 19, 2012, 09:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norskov

Recently I installed carbontex drags on this reel, but now it makes a really clear noise. I opened it again and it sounds like that the sound comes from the dog when it is running over the "teeth".
Anyone knows how to deal with this problem?

Jimmer

I think I would apply a thin even layer of grease to the teeth and see if that helps - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Bryan Young

Quote from: Norskov on December 19, 2012, 09:42:39 PM
Recently I installed carbontex drags on this reel, but now it makes a really clear noise. I opened it again and it sounds like that the sound comes from the dog when it is running over the "teeth".

The lever that engages the yoke to engage when you crank on the handle is coming in contact with the gears. I had to use 2 drag washers to raise the gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Zimbass

Quote from: Norskov on December 19, 2012, 09:42:39 PM

I would suggest that you remove the "dog", as it serves no purpose in this model reel. The ant-reverse roller bearing is powerful enough. This model has a drag of 11 lbs., so the "Super Stopper" will be more than adequate. As with most Shimano products, they are sometimes over engineered.

I fish for bass only, and remove the "dog" from all my reels. Quieter and smoother to use.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.