Hello from Singapore

Started by LLCC, December 20, 2012, 03:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLCC

Hello from a new member but longtime lurker.

I'm from Singapore, dabbled a bit in gardening and fishing. Lure throwing from a little dinghy is now my favourite past time. Keeping my gear working takes up the rest of my leisure.

Lawrence Lee.
Lawrence Lee

Irish Jigger

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

Mr. LLCC, welcome from nippy Northern California.  One of my favorite dishes is Singapore style chow mai fun.  Yum.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

alantani

lawrence, welcome!!!!  you've done some pretty impressive rebuilds.  if you host them on photobucket or picasa and use the [img] function, you can get the photos to show up in your post even though they are hosted somewhere else.  it works great.  glad to have you here.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Bill B

Welcome from northern california
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Strewth

As one who services and tunes my own baitcasters, I found your posts very informative. Keep up the great posts. Not a lot of information is available on dismantling Daiwa baitcasting reels completely, due to the gotchas associated with reinserting springs etc. Replacing the pinion bearing in these reels is always a pain, and much more time consuming than in many Shimanos.

LLCC

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's overwhelming by your warm responses!

LL
Lawrence Lee

Bryan Young

Aloha Lawrence.

Welcome.  Singapore was one of my favorite places.  One of my bestest friends moved there as an US ExPat and I was lucky to visit and to see a glimps of the MerLion  ;).  My favorite, fresh tropical fruit drinks and chili crab.

Thanks for finally joining and sharing your tutorials.  Very nice and impressive.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Welcome LL, thanks for sharing your nice work. Enjoy your stay.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela

aloha lawrence and thanks for joining