Carbon Fiber Sheets…new pricing

Started by Dawn, December 21, 2012, 05:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

jackor

are the sheets still being sold?   

I was also wondering 2 things.   What thickness is used most of the premade sets of washes 100-200 size baitcasters?   For the people who have tried it, was it easy to cut into neat little circles or did it fray and shred at the edges?   

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: Jeto on August 03, 2013, 11:06:05 AM
what did you use to cut it?

Scissors & Hobby Knife....
Best would be to use Micrometer and size the washers, then buy the closest size to them.

It is pretty solid, no shredding or unraveling..
Impregnated Woven fiber.  Sort of like fiberglass, but softer
Some dust & debris.   Can even sand it for rounder edge..

I used washer (metal or fiber old ones) as guide.
Lightly clamped them together with protection and vice grips..
Scissors & Exacto/hobby knife..   Then finished with sand paper  (if needed).

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

jackor

thanks for the info.   I'll have to get one to try it out.    I have a few off brand reels that have awful stock drags but seem to be decent reels otherwise.  ...the USReel Hibdons. 

smnaguwa

Hi  Dawn,
I would like to order a sheet of the o.76mm. Do you accept Paypal?

Stan

Bryan Young

After working with sheet carbontex material, I can honestly say if I can buy the closest size and thickness already cut, I would go this route. What a mess of carbon dust.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

No dust with scissors. The inner hole could be punched out, still no dust. If you needed grinding, you could take it outdoors. Yes, its much easier getting premade washers, but in my case, they need to be cut.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I do my grinding with a vacuum hose near the work.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I'm punching my washers...still a lot of dust.  But I'm punching a bunch (at least 50)...not one or two.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

If I were to punch that many at a time, I would get a machine that would do it for me. All I would do is push a button, or maybe program it to push its own.

On another note, did you get my message? I'm still waiting for an answer on what you would like me to do.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.