Carbon Fiber Sheets…new pricing

Started by Dawn, December 21, 2012, 05:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

Carbon Fiber sheet material

.5mm (.020), .65 (.025) .76mm (.030) , 1mm. (.040)  1.25mm (.049)

Tolerances +- .003

$25.00 for 7.5 x 4 inch piece for all thicknesses except 1.25mm which is $28.00

Dawn

I've only sold a few sheets at the higher price, anybody who bought one, contact me and I'll fix you up with something to make up for it.
Dawn

frank13

Dawn,

I am interested in some of the carbon sheet.  Can you contact me at frank513@yahoo.com

Can you get it in other sizes?

Frank

Dawn

Dawn

alantani

that is very nice of you, but i would much rather have YOU cut the drag washers and not me!   working with carbon fiber is itchy!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dawn

Dawn

bluefish69

Is there Fiber Glass in these sheets? If there is please wear a mask. It not proven yet but fiber glass is as bad as Asbestos. It never leaves or rots, it will do the same as Asbestos.

To get rid of the itch wash with cold water. It keeps the pours in your skin closed.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dawn

There's not supposed to be any fiberglass. 
Dawn

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

deepblack

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 01, 2013, 10:21:27 PM
Is there Fiber Glass in these sheets? If there is please wear a mask. It not proven yet but fiber glass is as bad as Asbestos. It never leaves or rots, it will do the same as Asbestos.

To get rid of the itch wash with cold water. It keeps the pours in your skin closed.

Carbonfibre is just as bad, definately wear a mask.

Dawn,
   The sheet you sell, am I correct in assuming it is pure sheet (like your washers) rather than bonded to a substrate like some that was been appearing around the place?

Dawn

Dawn

goslow

Good-day Dawn,

How may I get hold of some of your CF sheets, please? Can you send to Malaysia?

Thanking you in advance.

Cheers, Eric.

Dawn

Hi
Yes, just send me an email and we can get it done.

info@smoothdrag.com
Dawn

fishy76

Quote from: Dawn on December 21, 2012, 05:58:34 PM
Carbon Fiber sheet material

Hey Dawn,  is this a dishpan commercial as my nombre is Joy!  Oh, I'm very new to this forum and to reel maintenance.  Never bothered before other than grease/oil, wipe 'em off and  then I got serious about salt.  Got a slew of Charter specials, TLDs, and Ocean Master lever drags.  Maybe all need the carbon drag washers.  $10 each is pricey for my annuity as fuel for the boat empties my wallet.  So, I went looking and found cloth and plate at Dragon, 6X6 at various thickness.  Yet, you likely have the right stuff for my Shumano charter special 2000 LDs.  Not sure the price of your sheet would be economical enough to do it myself in lieu of buying the drag washers. 

Sent an e-mule to Smoothdrag asking how to buy washers, grease, and bearings.  No reply yet, but I don't fish the salt until December and got lots of time, I think.  Never know about the Reaper .  .  .

Fishy76 (AKA JoyTBrew)

wallacewt

g,day fishy
youre gunna haveta rewrite this in australian :D

fishy76

Quote from: wallacewt on July 17, 2013, 01:01:42 AM
g,day fishy
youre gunna haveta rewrite this in australian :D

Hey Wallacewt,  Don't know the down under language.  Rather, my brief tours of Australia from Sydney to Perth (work) left me understanding dogbolter and brass monkey .  .  .  Well, the fish buffets were spectacular.  Didn't see much in being kicked by a kangaroo, cascade, or raddler.  While my coworkers frequently did the plateaus of New Zealand for various trout, I never had the opportunity to wet a line for anything.  Maybe I needed to spend more of my youth hard bod watching at the nude beaches .  .  .  well, fishing would have been a great adventure.  Never even got to the great reef. :(  Now too old for such extravagant adventures.   So, I fish John Kerr reservoir in U.S. Southern VA most of the year and the Chesapeake Bay in December http://www.joytbkiptopekecows.blogspot.com.  Tight lines .  .  .