Rubber Knob Handles

Started by Hachi Dog, December 22, 2012, 03:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hachi Dog

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this board and I thought I would ask a question to get my feet wet.

I was on a 6 day on the Red Rooster and they had the rubber knob for the accurates as giveaways.  I got one and had Gary from Izorline install in on my 270.  I liked it better than the wiffle ball handle so I bought a couple to install on my other accurates.

I observed Gary install the handle and it seemed fairly straight forward but can anyone post a pictorial on 'how to'.  I know the handle has a reverse thread, etc..I just don't want to strip any threads doing this simple changeout.

Thanks in advance!

alantani

it's a 1/8th's inch allen bit and a reverse thread.  the red loctite is the biggest hassle.  save the wiffleball handle grips.  you should be able to sell them on ebay. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Try not to damage those weffle ball knobs, I might be interested if the price is right.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jim

It's the loctite that's a worry, you're thinking "this is going bad" then it finally gives. I hate reverse threads, but oh well.
Love the rubber knob for the small reels, hated the wiffleball. IMO the new handles for the ATDs are greatly inferior to the original style also.