What does it fit?

Started by RowdyW, December 23, 2012, 01:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

I have a Accurate frame that is supposed to be for a Penn Senator 113. It is wider than a standard & narrower than a wide. The width of the frame is 2.900 in. All the wide senators are 3.000 in wide. It also has 6 screw holes not 8 or 5 like a H HL H2 . Anybody got a guess?  ??? ??? ???  I can't send photos as I don't have the equipment to do so.    Rudy

Bryan Young

My only guess that it's for the 113 black sideplates.  I believe those reels had 6 holes in the sideplate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

john2244

The side plates on my vintage 113's have 8 screw holes.   My Jigmasters and Squidders have 6 screws holes but I can not match up the width.
John

Bryan Young

Oh yeah, it has 8.  1 top post, 3 bottom for the reel plate, and 4 posts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

George4741

Rudy, what is the diameter of the frame?  Is it a full or half frame?
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

The following photo shows a jigmaster half frame and a 114 full frame.  I'm measuring the diameter of the full frame.

Rudy, are you positive your frame is for a 113?  The 113 needs 8 screw holes, this is why I'm asking for a better description and measurements.

Thank you,
George
viurem lliures o morirem

RowdyW

Quote from: George4741 on December 23, 2012, 12:47:09 PM
Rudy, what is the diameter of the frame?  Is it a full or half frame?
 George
The diameter is about 3.540 , its the same as all 113 frames except it has 6 holes that line up with 113 plates with 2 extra holes in the plates & the frame is .100 inch narrower. Its a full frame.   Rudy

VW

Rowdy,

I had a somewhat similar experience with a frame from Tiburon.  I contacted them, got a reply.  That is how I learned about the existence of the Broadbill model.  I suspect Accurate will respond also.

RowdyW

Quote from: VW on January 02, 2013, 03:23:06 PM
Rowdy,

I had a somewhat similar experience with a frame from Tiburon.  I contacted them, got a reply.  That is how I learned about the existence of the Broadbill model.  I suspect Accurate will respond also.
I contacted Accurate by E Mail a week and a half ago & no response. I called today & receptionist said no one is available. Great company communication & customer relations.   Rudy

Keta

I'd suspect the holidays have something to do with it, give them a call on Tuesday.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RowdyW

Hi Lee, I finally got through to Accurate Reel & it seems that they couldn't care less about frames they say they made a long time ago. All they are interested in is thier present reels not old stuff. They have no archives or history to get info. After that response if they were the last reel co. on this earth I would use a string & a safety pin on a stick.  Rudy

Keta

Not good customer service.

Mark Twain

George4741

Rudy,
I'm also disappointed in Accurate's response. ???  Is it too much for the person on the phone to ask one of the old timers in the shop to answer your question?  Apparently so. >:(
viurem lliures o morirem

Alto Mare

Quote from: RowdyW on January 03, 2013, 01:39:18 AM
Hi Lee, I finally got through to Accurate Reel & it seems that they couldn't care less about frames they say they made a long time ago. All they are interested in is thier present reels not old stuff. They have no archives or history to get info. After that response if they were the last reel co. on this earth I would use a string & a safety pin on a stick.  Rudy
Sorry to hear that, Rudy. They're making a big mistake.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.