Grease from firearms industry useable?

Started by dwarmbrodt, December 23, 2012, 02:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarmbrodt

I know there is the recommended reel grease discussed here in length, but I am sitting on ALOT of various grease/oil products from being in the firearms industry. Try starting a discussion on what to use on a 1911..... Anyways, I have RIG, Tetra.... all popular brands. Any useable for general purpose freshwater use?
Thanks, and have a fun and SAFE holiday!

Doug

melkapule

Doug I use the following, TSI 301, Kroil, and Plastilube. I also have some CLP. I fish in saltwater.

Cone

For freshwater use most greases will probably work. Cost wise firearms greases are normally exspensive. You would probably save money in the long run using a marine grease like yamaha marine grease and using your firearm grease for your firearms. JMO Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

dwarmbrodt

Its just that I am a manufacturers rep in the firearms industry and get free samples all the time. I will pony up and get the correct products,

Keta

The gun oils and greases work well but some aren't friendly to plastic parts.  Tetra works well, I have never used RIG.  

I'd recommendnd using a grease made for drag washers, it's not that much $ and it is the right grease for the application, Cal's or Shamano both work well.  Any water proof grease will work for gears and bearings that take grease, gun oils will work on bearings.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

Quote from: dwarmbrodt on December 23, 2012, 06:21:34 PM
Its just that I am a manufacturers rep in the firearms industry and get free samples all the time. I will pony up and get the correct products,

for fresh water, you can pretty much use anything you want.  for my guns, i have a mix of products that i use.  i generally do not run a heavy grease on the slides of the sigs, but i keep them pretty clean.  been using corrosion x on most of the parts, because i have so much of it laying around.  i don't get to shoot as much as i'd like.  

who do you rep for?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dwarmbrodt

CRKT, Woolrich, Birchwood Casey, and Costa in some areas. Alexander Arms for another month. Was the CZ-USA rep for 6 years. Nothing like getting paid to demo guns! Next month is the SHOT show in Vegas. where I will be interviewing for other lines, but with recent events, the firearms business is upside down. I guess it would be more accurate to say I am a rep in the "shooting and outdoor sports" business.

alantani

never seen anything like it.  lucky i stocked up on ammo right after thanksgiving.  prices have doubled. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I know thompson centerfre uses a pretty heavy protectant on theres when they leave the factory.....it needs to be whiped out of the barrel and chamber before us though
Grayson Lanier