Drags for Quantum IR430CX

Started by Fishnmike, December 26, 2012, 06:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnmike

Took a crack at ordering drag washers by size for my Quantum Iron IR430CX from Smooth Drag. Dawn sent them out right away like usual and I installed them this week. This was the first time I ordered washers by size and hoped everything would work out, it did.  In case anyone is keeping track of washer sizes you need:

1 #1 that is 1mm thick.

2 #20

1 #17

alantani

thanks, mike!  you will really enjoy the difference with those new drag washers. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishnmike

I've been using the carbon fiber since last year in my Shimanos and Okumas and they are great! This was the first reel I had to figure out on my own.

alantani

it's nice when it all comes together, isn't it!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishnmike

It is Alan and its all due to you and the other guys that have put tutorials together that gave me the courage to start souping up my reels.  Makes a big difference when you have a hundred pound sturgeon heading for the bay. Thanks again for your great site.

BigIron

Fishnmike -  Have you had a chance yet to take your Iron out since you replaced the drag?  I have two of these same reel and would like to upgrade anything I can to help this already awesome reel out.

Fishnmike

Hey sorry I didn't see this earlier.  Yeah I fish this reel every week for sturgeon.  New drags made a world of difference.  I also put a power handle on it and that made a great improvement to the reel.

BigIron

That's great to hear. Looks like I have my next project now.

Thanks.