Is it OK to soak the Daiwa Sealine 50H and 30H in CLR?

Started by dbarnett66, December 29, 2012, 10:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

[/quote]by:day one

For $45, you are way ahead of the game. You could make these look new and probably still get your money back. The chrome parts for these reels are cheap! Beasides, they are great reels
[/quote]

X2

dbarnett66

So I went big. I ordered all the metal bling I could plus screws, handles, drag washers, etc. the only thing I could not get was the right side plate ring because it is a part of the right housing. It is in good shape any way. I was happy they had new click button too. They also had the labels/badges for the 50h and the line capacity on the frame. They included those free. I spent $78 tax and shipping included for all these parts for two reels. So my cost per reel will be $54 total when it is all said and done. I guess I could have bought a new jig master for that or a roddy but I will have two reconditioned reels that are built like tanks. I will order parts for the 30's when the 50's are done. I know I could have saved $30 bucks by being a minamalist but I figured that I can take pride in these reels when they are done.