Spoll shaft bearing on a calcutta 200b

Started by steelheadman, December 30, 2012, 04:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelheadman

This reel has a bearing on the spool shaft, behind the engagement pin, rather than bushing...I want to replace this bearing along with the other two with upgraded bearings from Boca Bearing....know what size this bearing is, offhand?

Zimbass

Quote from: steelheadman on December 30, 2012, 04:30:22 AM
This reel has a bearing on the spool shaft, behind the engagement pin, rather than bushing...I want to replace this bearing along with the other two with upgraded bearings from Boca Bearing....know what size this bearing is, offhand?

Believe it's 5x11x3 like your CT250.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

steelheadman

I spent a few $$ and bought a caliper to measure the size of the bearing in question.....so,for future reference to the other Calcutta 200B owners on the blog, the bearing measures O.D.11mm x I.D. 5mm x W 4mm, slightly larger than the other bearings in the reel... Ordered all new ceramic bearings for the reel from Dawn @ SmoothDrag (what a great person to deal with)...thanks to Zimbass for the response....Tight Lines and Happy New Year to all!  

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

inhotpursuit

The spool pinion bearing is 5x11x4 the side plate and tension cap bearings are 3x10x4 be carefull removing the pinion bearing pin , if possible buy one of reelspeeds pin removal plyers from Dawn at Smoothdrag