Some special reels

Started by Cone, December 31, 2012, 12:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Nice reels and accessories! We have great people on here, and you named some of the top shelf guys.  We are lucky men, thanks to Alan!
All the best to yas, and keep helping each other out... it's a beautiful thing!
Dom

wallacewt

Wael

beautiful reels, beautiful site. Thanks Alan and everyone.

pompano joe

Beautiful reels Bob!  Let's get together sometime soon.  Call me anytime you're in the Breeze.

Blessings,
Pompano Joe

Irish Jigger

Nice collection there Bob. I can see you've put a lot of work into those reels,well done.

Cone

Thanks guys for all the kind words. Joe, I'll give you a call soon. I'm over there a lot when the fishing heats up. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

erikpowell

Hey guys, am I correct in my observation that older Tiburon frames utilize the inner trim rings and newer frames don't ?
Thanks,
Erik

Cone

Quote from: erikpowell on March 09, 2013, 11:14:25 PM
Hey guys, am I correct in my observation that older Tiburon frames utilize the inner trim rings and newer frames don't ?
Thanks,
Erik
Erik, The new Tiburon frames don't use the inside trim rings. They are slotted for the stock rings and harness lugs. It makes for a more ridgid setup IMHO. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

erikpowell

Ah, thanks for that Bob. Mine have the trim rings but I think I like the newer style better. Seems less bulky as well.
When I put my last one together i tried to replace an inside trim ring, but I got one of those chinese replacements from Penn
that have the dimples underneath and don't sit properly...  I ended up poaching a trim ring from a different reel. So I'd prefer the newer style frame.

Cone

If you would have had to buy inside rings for the old style frame. not having to buy them for the new style brings the over all cost down. Bob

redsetta

Great stuff Bob - well done.
That's a cracker collection.
Particularly like the stainless handle arm on the SS.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

JoeR

I'm new here but have to say love those reels. This forum is great, thanks to all that make it possible.

Cone

Welcome, Joe. Thanks for the comlement. Bob