Some special reels

Started by Cone, December 31, 2012, 12:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Really these reels are only special to me. They aren't the latest high tech super reels that everyone drools over. Each one is special because there is something in each one from my friends here. Money can't buy friends or these.

The above photo is a 114h with ss gears, double ss dogs, Tib frame and a power handle. The lower reel is a 113hw with a Tib frame, ebay 4:1 ss gears, double ss dogs and a different handle.

This is a 9500ss I bought. It now has a new power handle and almost impossible to find brass gears inside. It soon will have a ss 12 tooth ratchet and ss dogs.

The top reel is just one I put together with parts for my son for Christmas. It has double ss dogs. The lower 113h has Penn ss gears and double ss dogs.

I wanted to thank Lee (Keta) for the excellent ss dogs he has made available to us, Redsetta (Justin) for the dogs and ratchet but especially Sal (Alto Mare). Besides sharing his knowledge and help, Sal also sent the 113h wide spool, brass gears for the 9500ss and handles for the 9500ss, 114h and 113h. Thanks to Alan for this wonderful site and the parts he makes available. I consider myself lucky to have discovered this site and made new friends.  ;D I wish you all the best and if I can help anyone out with a project I will if I'm able.   Bob

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

triumphrick

Thanks for the picture gallery...

Not everyone could appreciate those reels, but certainly most of us here could!

Ditto your sentiments for this site.... :)

Dominick

Quote from: Cone on December 31, 2012, 12:07:35 AM
I wish you all the best and if I can help anyone out with a project I will if I'm able.   Bob

Terrific Bob.  There is something you can do for me.  Please post photos of your alligator hunt, like the one in your avatar.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cone

Dominick, I'll try to put some up tomorrow. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Cone

Dominick, I asked Sal to come and get his own gator. I know its hard for him with his exspenses. The same offer goes to you. No guarantees of a gator but I know you'd enjoy yourself. Talk Sal into it and we got a Hunt!   ;D Bob

Alto Mare

Nice reels Bob ;).
Boy, it would be something having Dominick on that boat.
Thanks for sharing buddy.
Sal

Guys, Bob makes it very hard to get even with him, along with many others  here.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SNAPPERHEAD

Very nice! All of those are a favorite of mine. That 12 tooth stainless ratchet and stainless dogs will make that anti-reverse indestructable!

Ben

Alto Mare

Hey Ben, you've  mentioned everything but the handle, what's up with that?  ::) ;D

Yes,those are nice upgrades, just what the doctor ordered. Nice reels the SS
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

Bob,

Nice reels !!  Lots of great help on this site.

John

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 20, 2013, 06:19:13 PM
Hey Ben, you've  mentioned everything but the handle, what's up with that?  ::) ;D

Yes,those are nice upgrades, just what the doctor ordered. Nice reels the SS
Sal

Sorry, I got carryed away Sal. That is a nice handle too. I have seen plenty of those on eBay. I love those reels, they never fail. The 9500 has that nice big HT-100 under the spool and it is sealed like the Slammer, another great plus.

Ben

Cone

Thanks guys. 12 tooth ss ratchet and dogs are installed. I also put a PUM on 9500ss. Bob

harryk3616

hi    bob      first ,beautiful reels, reel nice,  but you mentioned three or four gentlemen  who helped you out, they also helped me out too, as well as you offering  to paint my 12/0 spool. the guy's on this site are just unbelievable, never met them, but they are like family, almost every time i post, i'm raving how great all you guy's are.  my best to all of you on this fabulous site, thanks alan.    harryk

Cone

Harry, I agree. Its nice to know there are people still around like the ones we have here. I feel very lucky to have found this site with the people here that make it special! Bob