My FIRST screw up!

Started by eaguon, January 01, 2013, 05:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaguon

Thanks to everyone who helped me with making my clicker louder on my AVET SX MC. After, that worked out so well, I was feeling pretty good about myself  ::) and wanted to prep my Curado 300EJ before my double paddle handle arrives. Thanks Jimmer. So, I take off the screw, Handle Retainer, Handle Nut and Handle, no problem. Like I said, feeling pretty good about myself, after yesterday's quick fix. My mom calls from Hawaii, I'm holding reel in my hand, catching up with mom, while walking around the house, then all of a sudden, part of my reel EXPLODES and parts start flying! What the what?  ??? I gather up the Star Drag, Star Drag Click Plate and the Star Drag Spring.Reassemble it, but, it doesn't click anymore. I take a close look at schematic, just to find out, I am missing two pieces, BNT2122 (Click Pin) and BNT2123 (Click Spring) I swear I searched everywhere... no dice. I go to Shimano website to now order these two pieces, but I cannot find where to purchase parts from. Am I missing it and can't see where to order parts through my tears? Please direct me. HELP! Please tell me I can order those two parts. Thanks in advance.     

Keta

I call them and order over the phone.  http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/contact_us.html

I occasionally send Trinidad detents and detent springs flying to spring Never Never Land.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

We All loose things

I have lose 2 Dog Springs from a Squidder

Better one

External frame & both side plates of a Newell G338F since June. I put them in a safe place.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

I often buy a dozen at a time. I would send one to you, but I stay in Hawaii enjoying the Ohana New Years celebration.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jimmer

May want to pop that reel open and make sure nothing went inside it. I don't know if it's possible for those little parts to get in there. but I do know extra parts inside are never a good thing. - jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

suitekids

Thank God for grandaughters and thier bright eyes, my little one bailed me out more than once, 113h dog spring took to the heavens and she found it right away whilst I crawled around on the floor like a reptile. It was stuck in my chest hairs, amazing what those little ones can find, and then she said "silly PaPa are we having fun" sheesh!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

unfortunately s"!t happens... ;) ;D

eaguon

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 01, 2013, 09:17:40 AM
I often buy a dozen at a time. I would send one to you, but I stay in Hawaii enjoying the Ohana New Years celebration.
[/quote

Mahalo, Bryan for the thought. I'll be out there in beginning of February to visit family.

eaguon

Jimmer, no doubt. Had a reel serviced last year, after a couple of casts, it jammed. Took it back to the shop and the technician found a ball bearing in there.

suitekids, Hilarious!

Mel B, $#IT does. I will be more careful next time, "Expect the unexpected"

Bryan, by chance, know anything about KAJUKENBO?

alantani

i took a quick look and i do not have them......  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

eaguon

Thanks for checking, Alan. Got in touch with Shimano and they are going to send me out the parts. Feeling good about myself, again  :D and will attempt to clean bearings on a Revo S, before replacing them. Got my Cal's Grease, Corrosion X, Blue Marine Grease, Grease Gun and some basic tools. Thanks again, for this wonderful site FULL of tutorials and pics.

alantani

it's addicting stuff!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!