15-500 and 15-309 SS Dogs

Started by Keta, January 03, 2013, 08:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I fianaly got some useable 15-500 and 15-309 (112H) dogs cut but have some minor changes to make with contact angles and the 15-500 has a unacceptable taper in the hole but these are minor drawing changes and a production error.  On Tuesday I'll get the first production run cut.

I ran into a minor change with the 15-500, does it matter if the cutout for the spring isn't there? Left dog on the right side of photo.  It's an easy change.   The dogs in the photo have not been polished.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

I have never seen a cutout on a 15-500 dog and don't think one is  necessary as the spring is secured at one end anyway.  There is a small cutout  (like on the left dog in the photo) on both the 15-85 and 15-99 dogs.
Nice work Lee.

George4741

viurem lliures o morirem

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Lee, where did you get that dog with the cutout?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jimmer

Popped open a 500 , no cut outs on the dogs on mine, can I get some too?
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 04, 2013, 11:25:59 AM
Lee, where did you get that dog with the cutout?

It was in a newer 501 I took apart to test the dog in.  It has a fine thread gear sleeve and a 10-505 star.  I like the idea and if we think it is an improvement I have it drawn up and cutting is easy.

Quote from: alantani on January 04, 2013, 10:30:29 AM
can i get some?   ;D

Yup, as soon as they get cut (Tuesday I hope, the cutter will be out Monday) cleaned and polished.

When I picked up the last test run we talked about a big contract they are working on and they are considering a lazer cutter.  I do not know how clean they cut or if it leaves too much slag to clean up.

Quote from: Jimmer on January 04, 2013, 02:54:58 PM
..... can I get some too?

Yup, I can have one piece or 1000 pieces cut and the drawing is done.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

I received Dogs from Scott's with that cut out in Brass.

I am putting my project on hold till I can buy 12 SS Dogs
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

BMITCH

I recently ordered these dogs for the 500 series from Scott's. They came with the cutout.
luck is the residue of design.

Irish Jigger

Keta

The reel I pulled the dog out of was pre move.

Mark Twain

Irish Jigger