Spooling 100 lb braid?

Started by Redfish King, January 04, 2013, 03:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Quote from Keta/Lee:
Punch a hole in the tennis balls and shove them on the all thread on each side of the spool. Then put a fender washer on each side and tension the spool using double nuts so they don't back off.  I'll try to run down to the shop and post a photo.

Please show us a photo Lee when you get some time.

Thanx,

Leo

Lee, please post a photo when you get time.

Meanwhile

Quote from: Keta on January 13, 2013, 04:42:22 AM
Punch a hole in the tennis balls and shove them on the all thread on each side of the spool. Then put a fender washer on each side and tension the spool using double nuts so they don't back off.  I'll try to run down to the shop and post a photo.

I still use the one you left on the boat, I need to upgrade to the fender washer model.  I just put it on the shop floor and use my feet to apply pressure on the wooden dowel.  I have not had the need for a metal rod yet.  I added the word "shop" as it will burn a carpet or nice rug.  I still use a welders glove to guide the line.

I like that bolt on method and may lag bolt a 2 x 4 to the wall of the shop with a spacer so I can also mount a heavy rod holder.  Thanks for that photo posting.

FishnNauru

I noticed the TP above inhotpersuit 's braid tensioner rig...does it have washers and tension on it too :) couldn't resist :)
I have the gift of taking a small job and making it into a big job!