Is this a Daiwa? Reel ID

Started by bb2fish, January 07, 2013, 07:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb2fish

I am replacing drag washers in a reel, but I don't know the model because the reel tag ID has fallen off.  I think it's a Daiwa.  Does anyone know?

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a489/bb2fish/Reel%20ID/IMG_0107_zps411da26d.jpg
wish I knew how to rotate the pictures on photobucket.

Here are the drag washers all taken apart (one is broken). 

The fiber drag size is 0.940" OD     0.560" ID  0.06" thick.  I need three of them, hard to order when I don't know what reel this is?? 
Any help would be great.  Thanks.

doradoben

I think your reel is a Daiwa 50h based on the line capacity listed on the frame crossbar. Alan did a very nice tutorial listed in this section. If in doubt, try emailing Dawn the washer specs. Maybe she can match a carbonex washer set for you..

broadway

I have to agree... sealine 50h... that reel may look sad but it's a great reel and durable as can be.
Fix it up and go fishing! ;)
Dom

bb2fish

Yippie, 50h, we have a winner.  Dawn at smoothdrag is getting me what I need.  I've got the schematic and I'll be good to go.  This reel has seen a lot of salmon, I'm happy to bring new life to an old salmon killer.  Thanks guys.

Keta

They are well built reels.

I think a 5+1 drag stack can be done on this reel, contact Bryan when he gets out of the hospital.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on January 07, 2013, 09:30:18 PM
They are well built reels.

I think a 5+1 drag stack can be done on this reel, .......

x2
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD