Daiwa millionaire classic 300

Started by bus kid, November 23, 2009, 08:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bus kid

Alan,
Thanks for all the great info.
I have a Daiwa millionaire classic 300 which I have removed the shields, de-greased and relubed with x-treme reel lube.
I have also removed the level wind and the white plastic gear that is attached to it. my question is which carbon-tex drags to use. on smoothdrags.com I dont see the classic or its model number. Can you shed some light on which drags are correct or similar?
Thanks in advance.
David

realmedic

hi kid look up smoothdrag.com and contact dawn from the site she will know the answer to your quastion

bus kid

Thanks for the contact info. I will post any info i recieve here.

alantani

if dawn doesn't know right off, you might be able to able to measure them and get dawn to match something up. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

realmedic

good point alan as i have to measure my quantum drags so dawn can hook me up as quantums are not as well upgraded as not many folks ask for it somehow that will change as i plan on upgrading all my quantums  ;D

bus kid

I got a message from Dawn at smoothdrags so here it is.
I already ordered them $9.00 wow what a great deal.

Hi
I believe it would take the same drags as the other Millionaires, I have the Carbontex for $9.00 per set.

Thanks!
Dawn
www.smoothdrag.com
888-206-4656

realmedic

bus kid

The drags came in today wow that was fast. heres the finished results I up loaded the pics from another forum I posted on and have since updated as well. Thanks Alan and Realmedic.

alantani

this size might be a little easier......

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

realmedic

nice !!! told you dawn was great lol glad you got the stuff in and everything.  ;) ;D

spottybastard

Sorry this is kind of a thread jack, I've had my eye on the left handed version of this reel for calico and sand bass fishing.  I was wondering if it would be enough reel to fish the flats or the kelp?

bus kid

Quote from: spottybastard on July 27, 2011, 02:33:17 AM
Sorry this is kind of a thread jack, I've had my eye on the left handed version of this reel for calico and sand bass fishing.  I was wondering if it would be enough reel to fish the flats or the kelp?

That is the reason why I upgraded mine. I currently have 300 yards of John Brown spectra spooled on it, The reel in on a Calstar 700ml. It will throw a waxwing or a Big hammer with a war baits head a country mile. I fish from a kayak so being able to toss a lure a long distance smoothly is important.
one of the best reels for the money IMHO.