114H Senator

Started by shearb, January 11, 2013, 05:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shearb

I have an old school 6/0 with red marlin sideplates... Im a shore guy, so I want to get it lighter so I can cast further... Im casting on a  13' heavy nitro. My questions are should I get a tiburon frame and aluminum spool to make it lighter? How much would that roughly be? I don't know what to buy to make sure it all fits. Thanks!

Brian

akfish

Definitely get the aluminum spool; it will make a world of difference in weight and casting ability. They aren't cheap but are readily available at mysticparts.com. As for the frame, the weight difference will be small but the reel will be more rigid and will perform more smoothly. Frames are expensive...

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Keta

The best mod I did to one of my 349s was a Newell aluminum spool.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

If you don't need the line capacity of the standard 6/0 and go the Tiburon route, then you may want to consider a narrow frame and spool.  That will lighten it even more.
viurem lliures o morirem