i actually have a day job....

Started by alantani, November 24, 2009, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

..... for the time being!  been here for 27 years.  it would be a real shame if the place closed. 

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2009/11/23/onthejob112309.DTL

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

realmedic

Alan,

very cool i hope it last for you. as always your in my prayers as we would hate to loose you as our resident reel guru.  ;) ;D

alantani

it looks like i won't get to retire after all.....

Quote12/10/09 Good Budget News for the California Poison Control System

After a prolonged and challenging financial crisis which brought the service to within a month of closing permanently, the California Poison Control System (CPCS) has secured funding to continue 24/7 services to Californians through June 2010.  Leveraging a reduced California State General Fund allocation of $2.95 million, the organization has obtained federal matching funds through a state program. This federal match, awarded only in the last week, was conditional to the receipt of California State General Fund dollars.  As the 2010-11 budget process begins in California, it is imperative that the $2.95 million California General Fund allocation be preserved in order to obtain the match funding and continue services to the state's 39 million residents past June 2010. 

The CPCS wishes to thank the California Emergency Medical Services Authority, the California Health and Human Services Agency, members of the California Legislative Budget Conference Committee and in particular, Chair Noreen Evans, The UCSF School of Pharmacy, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, for their support as well as the thousands of   Individuals and hundreds of organizations who wrote their legislators and the governor.

The CPCS is part of the University of California San Francisco School of Pharmacy and responsible to the California Emergency Medical Services Authority. All CPCS operating funds come from sources outside of the University with substantial in-kind support from UCSF and host institutions.

Stuart E. Heard, Pharm. D., FCSHP
Executive Director
California Poison Control System
Associate Clinical Professor of Pharmacy
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy
University of California San Francisco
www.calpoison.org

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

realmedic

Alan,

my mother is facing the same issue at boeing she has 25 years with the company several thousands of people have been laid off due to obama telling government contracters to streamline and cut cost. she was able to find another work area where she can indeed keep a job but only if boeing resends her lay off notice. at this time it doesnt look like they will do it in time before the shover her out the door.
i too had major difficulty finding gainful employment as with the christmas season many high school teenagers are taking jobs so that they can purchase christmas gifts. i was told by mc donalds (go figure) that i was over qualified. other possiable employeers told me dont call us we'll call you, but when i went back the place was filled with tennaged employees.  so i turned my hobby into a service center. i'm not getting rich but at least i have the satisfaction of gainful self employeement.  ;D

Walter_Lars

well it seems that this is good news all around  the state of Calif finaly came around to issueing the checks they should started in the first of November
well being unemployed and can't find work I have been forced in self employment I have found a product I can produce using the tools I have available to Me and My materials are cheap and some parts are free
I am in the process of making the jigs I will need  to produce them quickly and accurately
now if I can get people to buy them
I am produceing lanterns out of old booze and wine bottles and old rustic boards  for out door living patios and camping
wish Me luck
hopefully  this will work and we have turned a corner

Good Luck reelmedic
and Alan good luck to you

realmedic

thanks walter. business has been slow but im hoping by next year it will pick up. my biggest thing is keeping busy. However tommorrow im heading to Mobile,Alabama to see my grandmother. It may give me a chance to pass out a few more business cards.