screw size

Started by harryk3616, January 13, 2013, 08:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

good  afternoon   guy's          trying to find out the screw thread size for a penn #9 reel stand.   i have to tap out two holes and the smallest taps i have are 4-40   and 4-36,  hope somebody has an answer so i can order a tap or two,   thanks    harryk

alantani

it should be a 40 thread per inch thread pitch.  not sure of the diameter....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Looks,to me like No3-UNC ie 48 tpi x 0.099 in. dia.

harryk3616

hi    irish   jigger        i haven't a clue,  but i'm going to try your recommendation.  thanks for the help.    harryk

harryk3616

hi     irish  jigger        i ordered the tap you suggested the other day for a penn #9 reel stand.   you were right on,  the tap came today and it worked perfect,  now i'll have it for future repairs,   thanks  allot       harryk

alantani

phew!  thanks for checking!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Hi Harry, glad it worked. "Measure twice and cut once" old English proverb. ;)
Next  screw size up in Penn's is 5-40UNC and then 8-36UNF.
BTW there are two different Stands available for those reels, 30N-9  (2 7/16 in long) and 30-109S  (2 5/8 in long.)

harryk3616

irish  jigger      thanks  again       harryk

harryk3616

irish  jigger        they made two different stands because one would fit on a small fresh water rod, while the other was used for salt water

Irish Jigger

Quite right Harry, I replaced the stands on my 9M reels with the longer 30-109s Stands as they were being used for sea fishing,better fit.