Salmon Fishing in English Bay Jan 2013

Started by whalebreath, January 13, 2013, 10:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Headed out Salmon fishing on English Bay today-fishing from a 28' Shamrock-spent all day in front of the city and the weather was stellar/visibility was incredible.

Only one small Spring Salmon-released-and another knockoff on the downrigger but the amazing conditions made up for the meagre results.

Bald Eagles abound these days.

Leaving the marina

Yes that's snow!

Tea Time!

The Backdrop

These mountains are rarely seen from downtown let along from the middle of the bay.

Surf Scoter-this population has crashed & burned.Twenty years ago there were over 250,000 of these over wintering in English Bay today there  remain less than 5,000.

One Squib we landed-C&R strongly of course.

Dungeness Dinner for a Lucky Fisherman

Heading for the Barn

alantani

this is vancouver, right?  beautiful photos!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

set the bent rod as pc background on my desktop for this weeks photo. thanks.

whalebreath

Quote from: alantani on January 13, 2013, 10:22:08 PM
this is vancouver, right?  beautiful photos!
Yes it is Vancouver-by-the-Sea.

Quote from: wallacewt on January 13, 2013, 11:00:18 PM
set the bent rod as pc background on my desktop for this weeks photo. thanks.
You just gave me an idea-You're quite Welcome- glad to enjoyed them.

Ron Jones

And that gents, is why the Pac Nor West is the real paradise!! Beats Hawaii by leaps and bounds.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

lawaia

Quote from: noyb72 on January 14, 2013, 05:55:03 AM
And that gents, is why the Pac Nor West is the real paradise!! Beats Hawaii by leaps and bounds.

Ron

Yes, Vancouver is beautiful and we enjoyed visiting there; those photos are beautiful and bring back nice memories.   But Ron, did you miss seeing the ice on the boat in photos 5 and 6?  To each his own, but I like this view:

and think the snow is just fine staying up around the observatories instead of on our boats:

No winter boat layup and fishing the year round, not to mention wahine on the beach year round in Hawaii!  Wouldn't mind having some of those dungeness crabs here though. :)

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

thanks for sharing! and and agree with lawaia, been there done that! prefer  the warmer climate more to do. ;) ;D