One Washer or Two? 113H and 113HLW

Started by bb2fish, January 17, 2013, 04:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb2fish

I have disassembled two different reels and noticed the number of bellville washers (next to the star) is different on the 113H it has two, and 113HLW has one.  Maybe it's not a bellville, but it's a curvy thin washer that gets distorted and flattened as the star turns.

The schematic shows one washer and it's called a tension spring on both drawings.  Should I remove one from the 113H when I put it all back together? 

Is there a reason to have an extra washer in there? 

Also, when instructions are to install pairs described as ()  it never makes sense to me because those washers can rotate relative to each other and the curves don't stay tip to tip - they like to spoon with each other at some point in their rotation (they're like potato chips with a high and low spot).  They're not keyed, so how do I ensure the washers are installed right?

Keta

() is for Belleville washers, what you have are wavy washers.  I use both as shims to take up extra space on the gear sleeve.  Bryan suggested one Belleville on top of the drag stack and one under the star and it works good.  Drag stack  l)=(l  star    = is the spacing sleve.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bb2fish

Ah, Wavy washers.  Thanks for all your help/comments.