Saltist 20HA Low Drag Pressure After Rebuild

Started by MrAC1980, January 17, 2013, 07:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrAC1980

New here, but taking notes on everything but I missed something on my Saltist rebuild.  I have a 20HA levelwind.  I should have checked the drag before tearing it apart, but I rushed and forgot to.  Well I got it back together and its smoooothhhh after Reel X'ing all the bearings and greasing everything.  But now when I lock down the star drag all the way, the most I can get out of it is 9lbs of drag??  I know its rated at 15 so any idea what I did wrong or what to look for?  I triple checked the spring washers and they are "()".  Any idea what I could have done wrong?  Is there something I may have greased that shouldn't have been?  I didn't touch the drag washer stack, they were in good shape and pregreased from the factory.  Thanks for the help!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: MrAC1980 on January 17, 2013, 07:04:57 AM
I didn't touch the drag washer stack, they were in good shape and pregreased from the factory.
Theres your probl;em. Daiwas gresase aint exactly top notch IMO
Grayson Lanier

MrAC1980

alantani

it might be bottoming out somewhere, but a 9 pound drag for this reel really isn't that bad.  any chance that you have spectra slipping on the spool?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!