For all GT and Stella fans

Started by Killerbug, January 24, 2013, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doradoben

Thanks for posting the video. It was great..

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

LTM

Great video, can you tell me the specific brand of gloves the anglers are using? Specifically the navy blue gloves that at least two anglers are wearing. To futher help identify the gloves, the angler who is doing some of the commentary who is wearing the blue "Garmin" visor is wearing the gloves. If you have experience with these glove I would appreciate any feedback you can give me as to the durability, dexterity and such of the gloves. Would also like to know where I can purchase them.

Thanx,

Leo

BonitaBch

Nice video .... thanks Killerbug
Bonita Beach, FL

Caranx

After a day like that with only one fish in, you can't brush your teeth the next day. Your arms want to fall off.
I cast over a hundred times a day over here and most of the time nada... You do have to be in shape and do it often.
It gets tiring but the rush of a hit keeps you going.  Anticipation

johndtuttle

Quote from: LTM on November 06, 2013, 03:23:58 AM
Great video, can you tell me the specific brand of gloves the anglers are using? Specifically the navy blue gloves that at least two anglers are wearing. To futher help identify the gloves, the angler who is doing some of the commentary who is wearing the blue "Garmin" visor is wearing the gloves. If you have experience with these glove I would appreciate any feedback you can give me as to the durability, dexterity and such of the gloves. Would also like to know where I can purchase them.

Thanx,

Leo

Hey Leo,

Without going back to the video there are a number of companies that make gloves for this type of fishing Pelagic, Fisherman etc. None are any better than "Mechanic's" work gloves that can be found at any large hardware store in the States. Synthetic Leather palms and fingers, stretch breathable nylon on the backs.

Casting heavy lures with a spinner eats your trigger finger and I still add layers of duct tape to my rt. index as it cuts through gloves in a day.

best

johndtuttle

Quote from: Tim McNeely on January 25, 2013, 07:34:11 AM
Call me a philistine, but the whole time, I was thinking: if these guys are getting 'em like that on topwaters and spinners, what could you do with a winch and a biiig livebait?

The guys with poppers would likely out fish you over the course of the day. :)

Having fished in some remote locations (remote Mexico, Belize, Fiji and Panama) it is often not practical to make bait. Especially in an "undiscovered" fishery like this video too much fishing time gets wasted attempting to catch baits.  Add to that it is commonly "run and gun" to the next pass in the reef where the currents are ripping looking for active fish and your bait just got wasted over empty waters. After that none of the boats have live wells etc etc. Your few live baits would not last long and most would get wasted.

There are no bait receivers or pangas with live baits for sale in remote waters :). There also can be so many active fish that precious live baits get eaten by regular models and you just can't get it past them to the bigger ones. It's better to just quickly bring them to the boat with artificials and get casting again or move.

There are a wide variety of large artificials used for this type of surface or deep fishing and on a given day only one style might be the hot ticket.  It simply is faster and more productive to be able to fish different artificials in a variety of sizes, colors and presentations until the day's pattern is known.

best regards

Tightlines667

On a related note...
Check the pics on this thread out!

http://www.gtpopping.com/forum/index.php/topic,6615.0.html
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.