Sea fishing in Wales: 2012 compilation video...

Started by Fish-aholic, January 25, 2013, 08:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish-aholic

Here's my sea fishing from the shore for 2012 summed up into a compilation video. If you cannot view the video could you please let me know. Thanks!

Great memories!

Steve (wearing the black 'century' logo hoody)

Keta

Nice, are the eels congor eels?  I like the professional over runs too, I'm glad I'm not the only one that does them that good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

No they are not Conga Eels or Pout. On the East Coast we call them Silver Eels 3-5' in length & they have a nice bite. I use pliers & lip them to get the hook out. Our Asian customs love them.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Fish-aholic

Yea, those were conger eels, Lee. They don't half pull your string being 95% muscle. Conger eels can grow to over 100lb (boat caught), at that size they will be holed up in wrecks.

I thought I'd add the 'professional over runs' into the video - it gives the reel some character just like a Jackson 5 afro achieved in seconds.  :D

Fish-aholic

Quote from: bluefish69 on January 25, 2013, 08:50:34 PM
No they are not Conga Eels or Pout. On the East Coast we call them Silver Eels 3-5' in length & they have a nice bite. I use pliers & lip them to get the hook out. Our Asian customs love them.

We also have green & silver eels, both are the same species. These are a lot smaller than conger eels and are a delicacy as jellied eels. Not for my tastes, though  :-X

bluefish69

Conger Eels are maybe 24"- 30" is a big one. They have a large head with a mouth that can crack Clams & Oysters. Years ago we threw Conga & Silver Eels back [I still do or give them away].
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.