Electrimate Gear Sleeves

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, January 27, 2013, 09:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAPPERHEAD

I just took a look on the Electrimate website and it tallied the total cost for one Gear sleeve as $158. This does not sound right. Why would one be that expensive?

Ben

alantani

not sure.  i have 4/0's and 6/0's and they are nowhere near that price.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SNAPPERHEAD

Alan are you Gear Sleeves back on Penn Parts?

Ben

alantani

should be.  i am out of 4/0's, so you will have to go to mysticparts.com.  more 4/0 gear sleeves will be here in a month.  for the 6/0's, the retaining pin hole was cut too high, so mysticparts send them back.  since then, i have shaved down the retaining pin and it works, but i am not that happy with it.  it is not something the mysticparts should carry, since it had to be mcgivered together.  i will send them the next round with the pin hole properly cut.  

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: alantani on January 27, 2013, 09:49:40 PM
should be.  i am out of 4/0's, so you will have to go to mysticparts.com.  more 4/0 gear sleeves will be here in a month.  for the 6/0's, the retaining pin hole was cut too high, so pennparts send them back.  since then, i have shaved down the retaining pin and it works, but i am not that happy with it.  it is not something the mysticparts should carry, since it had to be mcgivered together.  i will send them the next round with the pin hole properly cut.  

Okay. Sounds good. I was looking for a 6/0 gear sleeve. Did you check Electirimates website? Still curious about the high price....

Ben

alantani

alantani

well, it does if you figure that my margin is $3 and their margin is 300%.... 

SNAPPERHEAD

Quote from: alantani on January 28, 2013, 12:05:27 AM
well, it does if you figure that my margin is $3 and their margin is 300%....  

Yeah. Can't beleive it comes down to that, but thankfully for you it does. I thought I could get a spare sleeve before buying yours on Penn Parts later, but I think I will wait  till they come. Those are great sleeves Alan! Worth every penny.;)

Ben

Keta

I should start selling my SS dogs for $15.00 ea....NOT!!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

saltydog

So they went from 55.00 to 80.00 man they are getting a little crocked on there bottle of gin.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

alantani

maybe they figure that, if the gun market can get away with that, so can they.

saltydog

Yup guns have gone through the roof.And ammo has too.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bryan Young

Ben,  what do you need?  I purchased a few SS gear sleeves for the 4/0 and 6/0 from Alan for my reels that I never used.  Same cost as Alan's plus shipping.  PM me with what you need.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

bryan, if you have extras, i need one more as well.  a guy needed four and i could only ship three.