Calcutta 400D

Started by Propster, January 28, 2013, 12:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Propster

Hi Dawn. Do you have the carbontex washers for this reel yet? Do they happen to be the same size as the 400TE? Haven't had my kid's reel apart yet to look. Also, and anyone can chime in here as I do appreciate the opinions.  Shimano's stock drag washers on their high end reels like the TE are pretty darn good and fairly expensive to begin with. But I'm a big fan of the carbontex so wondering how many replace them right away on a new reel vs getting some wear and use out of them before replacing? Thanks all.

flyforfish21

The D's drag has more surface to it. If that makes sense. Similar to Carbontex.

I don't have the measurments from the few i've opened, but if I remember correctly, it should be the same size as the B series calcuttas.

Geoff

Dawn

No schematics up at Shimano for this reel yet, did you get a schematic by any chance?
Just need part numbers, see if they are familiar

Shimano is putting carbon fiber in some of the new reels.  You might want to check that out first.

Dawn
Dawn

Propster

I do have a schematic, but being technologically-challenged (except for being able to work on reels), not sure how to post it here. Dawn, if you give me your email address I can send it to you and maybe you can post.
kedberg at robinsonoutdoors dot com

Dawn

Dawn

Propster

Hi Dawn, what is the process for getting carbontex drags for this reel - have you determined yet if they are an existing size you already have, or do you need to get a spec on them and make them up?  I'd be willing to send you mine to match up to if it will help.

Dawn

The part numbers are not familiar, but that doesn't mean I don't have them.  It could be just a change in material.  But they could also be totally new.
I need to get some stock washers or measurements.

Dawn
Dawn

Propster

How about I send you mine?

Dawn

Thank would be okay, or you could just lay them on a copy machine and send me the copy, then there wouldn't be any chance
of them getting lost or broken in the mail.
Dawn

alantani

never thought of that....... 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Propster

Me either! Thought you might want the thickness too though just in case. Doubt they would use a thinner material though. I'll email it to you tomorrow Dawn. And I'll probably place an order for some right away too.

Dawn

If you are able to measure thickness that would be good.   
Dawn