Avet EXW 4/02

Started by GalvestonGuy, January 26, 2013, 08:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalvestonGuy

I've got one and wondered what it might cost to have Alan give it the once over. It seems to work just fine but I wouldn't mind spending a bit to have it checked out and serviced. Also curious what kind of turn around time would be involved. Thanks for any info.

Keta

This is an easy reel to work on and the mods improve it drasticaly.  Make it a project.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

GalvestonGuy

Keta,
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my "wrenching" skills, but little springs, c-clips, & I don't really get along : ) However, I'll give it some thought

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

How about this, you try to do it and IF you can't get it back together toss the parts into a box and mail them to me to finish.  Harri at Avet made the same offer to me and that's how I got the confidence to strip down 2 speed reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

Quote from: GalvestonGuy on January 26, 2013, 08:43:04 PM
I've got one and wondered what it might cost to have Alan give it the once over. It seems to work just fine but I wouldn't mind spending a bit to have it checked out and serviced. Also curious what kind of turn around time would be involved. Thanks for any info.

sorry, to actually answer your question, it's $40-60 per reel for lever drags, $20-40 for star drags, then add the cost of parts and return shipping.  mostly it depends on how much corrosion is in the reel and how many bearings have to be cleaned out.  send me an e-mail if you want me to take a look.  thanks!!!!!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!