interchangeable gear between trinidad A and new ocea jigger?

Started by madday, January 30, 2013, 06:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madday

posted this already in another board, probably better chance here....  ;D
these two reels look similar in model and sizing,
except for the gear ratio....

does anybody can confirm if both reel share the same gearing system?
and whether it interchangeable....?

if so,
planning to buy trini 20A and install a low gear set from jigger NR2000PG and upgrade with carbontex....
light weight (less than 20 oz), smooth drag, and around 400 mtr of PE6.... seems like an ideal jigging reel....  ;D

reefmonsta

Good question and interesting idea.  I have worked on quite a few 30A's as well as couple 20A's but never a newer model ocea jigger.  The new Trinidad A Series do come with Dartanium II drag washers which are carbon fiber, so you wouldnt have to buy some news ones.  I have a buddy who may still have an newer ocea jigger, I'll try and give him a call in the morning to see if he'd be willing to pull out some calipers and take some measurements. 
reefmonsta

madday

Quote from: reefmonsta on January 30, 2013, 07:59:17 AM
I have a buddy who may still have an newer ocea jigger, I'll try and give him a call in the morning to see if he'd be willing to pull out some calipers and take some measurements. 

that would be nice.... thanks....
waiting for the confirmation.....  ;D

Bryan Young

Good question.  I know the older Ocea and the Trinidad's shared the same gears.  I hope they are the same with the newer models as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

madday

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 31, 2013, 12:37:37 AM
Good question.  I know the older Ocea and the Trinidad's shared the same gears.  I hope they are the same with the newer models as well.

i hope for the same too.....  ;D

reefmonsta

Guys, sorry for getting back so late, my buddy was in Asia on a business trip and just got back yesterday in time for the super bowl!  ;)   Bad news is he no longer has the reel but he has had it apart in the past and does feel it should fit in a "A" series frame/casing.  Take it for what its worth, as unless I have performed the operation myself, I would have a hard time shelling out the loot to take the chance.  Sorry guys.
reefmonsta

madday

no prob reefmonsta....
probably somebody will chime in..... thx btw... :)