sea sick tablets

Started by wallacewt, January 31, 2013, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Marlinmate on February 01, 2013, 12:24:11 AM
Other advice.....don't go out the night before and have the 16oz. porter house with potatoes augratin and blue cheese cream sauce. When done with dinner...go to sleep and get rest. Don't drink your face off and show up to the boat with one hour of sleep, a wicked hangover and no money. Eat a light dinner and an even lighter breakfast.  

Hey Marlinmate, what are you trying to do?  This is the only way to live.  Stay on the edge.  I've never had a hangover with one hour's sleep.  It's the 4 or 5 hours later that slam you.  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

john2244

I have only been sea sick one time and I still remember it 60+ years later.  When I remember, regardless of sea conditions, I take one
Bonine Tablet before a trip. On longer trips I may take one on day 1 and another on day 2 and then put them away for the remainder of the trip.  If the sea conditions are very rough I may take another just to be safe. My last trip we had 25 to 30 knots of wind and seas up to 12' and everythig was fine. Bonine works for me, or I don't get sea sick, not sure but I don't want to test it either.

John

PS   I think a pack of 16 tablets cost about $8.00

George4741

Wallace,
An online search shows Bonine from $4.29 - $7.49, that is a package of 16 tablets.  Bonine sems more effective for me than Dramamine and I start taking it one day before the trip. 

Quote from: john2244 on February 01, 2013, 01:12:31 AM

I have only been sea sick one time and I still remember it 60+ years later.   
John

Don't let John kid you, nobody remembers anything from 60 years ago. ;)
  George aka another sexagenarian ;)
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

After being gutted to get rid of the bad stuff that was growing on my colon I get sick every time I get into the diesel fumes.  I even puked one time when we were tied to the dock.  I have too many things to do to keep a little puking slow me down so I chum, work, chum, work....... But I try to avoid the pockets where fumes colect.

Here's a tip, never eat a chile relleno on the boat, they are nasty coming back up.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

wallacewt

on ebay 1 has bonine=16 tablets $5+$15shipping to oz.
another 8 tablets +shipping $80 

Tunaloco

Ginger extract pills at your local health store. My wife and kids all get motion sickness. Not anymore! They work like a charm. Was even on myth busters. Guy tried bonine, scopolamine patch and dramamine. Only thing that worked for him was the ginger extract pills. Good luck!

wallacewt

ill pass the message on,   ginger extract pills, forget bonine.
thanks 1 and all

john2244

George,

I can remember a few things from 60+ years ago but don't ask me what I had for dinner last night !!

John

alantani

when we were in australia, i got an e-mail from some one stateside that wanted a couple of boxes of kwells.  i bought them, they were $20 each, i still have them. and i cannot remember who wanted them.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

what about the japanese pickled ginger, will it work?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jimmer

I like the japanese pickled ginger, some soy sauce, thinly sliced daikon and wasabe, with sashimi. I usually eat this immediatly after getting off of the boat, and I've never been sea sick.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

wallacewt

hey jimmer, give it a go before you get on the boat :D

alantani

the best thing, if you know you are going to get sick, is to eat several bananas.  they taste the same coming up as the do going down.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

haha, there a few others that dont