sea sick tablets

Started by wallacewt, January 31, 2013, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluefish69

Some people can't eat a Banana. I would repeat it at least 8 Hours. Any Kind of O J just burns in my stomach but I can eat Oranges.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

seaeagle2

You guys allow bananas on your boats ?
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

reelgood

sometimes what food you have inside doesn't matter,  I was dry heaving for about 5 hours straight one trip after taking bonine, and there was still 3 days of fishing left before coming home, luckily someone had a patch they gave me, otherwise would have had to mutiny :)  Never get on a boat without a patch now

If you're in MJ leagal state or waters, I heard that works too j/k, sort of

If you're set on using 1 st generation anti-histamines for this like bonine and dramamine, I would not be surprised if something very close to them like Zyrtec (Cetirizine) would work equally with less drowsiness.  I would stay away from Dramamine, most people who I have seen take it were sick anyway and then also lamented taking it because in the moments when they weren't sick, they couldn't keep their eyes open.

Newell Nut

My first offshore trip was in the 70s and I remember feeling a little sick and I told myself that I was not going to get sick because I came out to have fun. It cleared up in a few minutes and I have never been sea sick.
I have always believed it was more mental than physical due to my own experience. My dad was always fine while a boat was moving but as soon as the anchor dropped he was immediately upchucking. My best friend is fine until he gets a whiff of someone elses breakfast coming back up. Then he gets sick.

Some people do indeed have motion sickness but I still think a lot of sea sickness is the fear of getting sick that brings it on.

Diesel fumes sets off some people and waffle house bacon and buttered toast has probably caused a lot or sickness as well.

bluefish69

If you ever watched the people on the boats they take the Pills 1-2 hrs before the trip as directed. Then never take another as directed. I see this as I am working on the boat. I like making Sausage & Pepper - Steak & Onions - Chicken Cutlets either breaded or marinated.

seaeagle2

My seasick story involves my wife's family.  Years ago when my wife was about 12, her dad and a bunch of his coworkers and familieswent out on a party boat out of  Westport WA.  As people started getting seasick, my future wife was wandering around offering all the sick people licorice and other food, (just what they didn't want)  Meanwhile my future mother in law was at the railing grabbing one rod after another reeling in fish and kept yelling at the deckhand, "hey I've got another one." Finally the captain told her, "mam, you have to stop fishing now, you've caught the boat's limit and we need to go in.". 
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: seaeagle2 on February 02, 2013, 05:23:15 AM
You guys allow bananas on your boats ?

only those who  go "BANANAS"  allowed...lol

Bunnlevel Sharker

Best thing to do if your gettin sea sick, is to slam a big ol pich o redman in and just keep on gettin it ;D
Grayson Lanier

bluefish69

I have 2 friends that chew that. That stuff is ROTTEN

wallacewt

went fishing today,seas were flat,no wind.
took a kwell tablet last night to try.
woke up at 4am and my tongue was stuck to the roof
of my mouth,couldnt talk.
minister for everything(elizabeth) said
"your should take 2 a day every day"
now if that aint love what is. ;D

Dominick

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 02, 2013, 12:58:00 AM
Some people can't eat a Banana. I would repeat it at least 8 Hours. Any Kind of O J just burns in my stomach but I can eat Oranges.
You Blue:  I read a book on nutrition a while ago that said there is a big difference in eating an orange as opposed to drinking the juice.  It had to do with the pulp and pith neutralizing the citric acid in the orange.
Quote from: wallacewt on February 03, 2013, 09:30:07 AM
woke up at 4am and my tongue was stuck to the roof
of my mouth,couldnt talk.
minister for everything(elizabeth) said
"your should take 2 a day every day"
now if that aint love what is. ;D
I knew I liked Elizabeth.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

ah pesca,
if only you was a dhu fish

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 03, 2013, 02:39:42 AM
I have 2 friends that chew that. That stuff is ROTTEN
You wont get sea sick! My dad dips grizzly wintergreen, now that stuff is rotten!
Grayson Lanier

saltydog

When I used to work charters alot of the people who got sick worried so much about it before leaving the dock they were sick before we even left the harbor,one half mental the other half fumes or equalibrium imbalace that some meds could help.And just from my experience dramamine does more harm than good,most people I saw take it got sick anyways,I am a firm believer in ginger because it's the only thing my wife can use to keep from getting sick.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur