TLD15/30S handle

Started by Dunedin1, February 01, 2013, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin1

Hi, just joined and thinking of upgrading some reels, does anybody know if the Torium 16 handles will direct fit the TLD15/30?
Any other handle recommendations?
Thanks!
-Alan

Westii

Not sure if the Torium 16 handle will fit, but I put a Kolekar 2/0 grip on my 15/30 and I love it.

Bryan Young

I believe that the TLD 15/30 has a slightly smaller shaft than the Torium.  Unfortunately, I do not have a Torium in service to compare at the moment for comparision.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SoCalAngler

Back in the day I used a Torium handle on my TLD 15, not a 15/30 and it was a direct swap out. I also used the stock TLD handle nut and nut bracket. The bracket sat a little cockeyed but did not bother me. I still have that reel but don't remember which Torium handle I got and there is no part number or other marking to tell which one it is. I think it was a Torium 30 handle.

alantani

i copied the arm design from the tld 15 and made it out of stainless steel.  then you can add any one of the kolekar grips.  they work great!  let me know if i can interest you in one.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

basto

Torium handle does fit 15/30 and 20/40. Calcutta TE700 handle also fits 15/30 and 20/40. You need the nut and locking ring and locking ring screw that goes with each handle.

I have these handles on my own TLD Star reels and they work very well.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dunedin1

Great, thanks guys. I like options!