Penn 113HN Baja Special Question??

Started by Bonecracker, February 01, 2013, 07:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonecracker

Just picked up one of these great reels off e-bay want to load with 65 or 80lb braid!! How much braid will the Baja Special hold??? Thanks!! :) ;D :)

alantani

just a quick guess, about 400 yards of 80 and 600 yards of 60-65.  go with 80.  it will be expensive enough as is.  you will likely not need the extra 200 yards, so no sense in paying for it. 

nice reel, btw!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yeah that line capacity is pretty much spot on. What will you use it for? Some situations might need extra capacity.
Grayson Lanier

alantani

yeah, it's possible, but if 4 football fields worth of line isn't getting the job done, then chances are an extra two will not make a difference!!!!!   ;D

Keith K

Squirmypug

If you use 300 yds of 80lb that will leave some room for a good topshot. Use a short topshot when you are able but still have room for a long topshot if you need it.  8)  I think the reel is the same size as my Torque 300 and thats how I set it up.
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: alantani on February 01, 2013, 10:16:59 PM
yeah, it's possible, but if 4 football fields worth of line isn't getting the job done, then chances are an extra two will not make a difference!!!!!   ;D
Im tryin to figure out what hes fishin for. King mack fishin over here, an extra 200 of line can save you when a smaoker hits
Grayson Lanier

Makule

Quoteyeah, it's possible, but if 4 football fields worth of line isn't getting the job done, then chances are an extra two will not make a difference!!!!!   

I beg to differ:  Depending on the speed, an extra two football fields length of line could either be long enough (in terms of time) to completely become mentally undone; or so fast that one could only think about doing something.  Those are very different (scenarios).  Same outcome, however. :D
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

alantani

i dunno.  that's alot of line to have out.   i don't think i'd be up to cranking in 600-700 yards of line at a 24 pound drag setting!   ;D