Question,TSI 301,50TW neoprene carriage Bearings,help

Started by Irish Wake, February 02, 2013, 06:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Wake

Alan,Murph, first off I can't thank you enough for all the Info and Tutorials, I'm in the Process of redoing 16 reel Penn 30s 50s,Shimano's 30s 50s,Diwa saltiest 50h,Luma 253,I just started doing my own reels and love it as I'm retired now,alan I've been using Yamaha grease,and corrosion x and Cal's grease,I just received 8oz can tsi 301,my Question is the spool bearing on the Penn 50tw have a neoprene carriage holding the bearing,can I use the tsi 301 with out doing damage to the neoprene carriage or would I have to use tsi321,,,I really enjoy working on these reels But these Bearing can be a pain,Im Interested in your Bearing Packer will that save me from taking off the sheals when Packing the Bearing,if so I need to buy the setup,,Thanks,,open for any tips

alantani

you've got an outer race, and inner race, the balls themselves and a cage.  the material almost always stainless steel.  your cage is made of the brown plastic looking material, right?  not a problem.  the solvent from the tsi301 is not in contact with the cage material to make any kind of difference. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Wake

Alan Thanks for getting back so soon,Im still Interested in your Bearing Packer will that save me from taking off the sheals when Packing the Bearing,if so I need to buy the setup now,,Thanks

alantani

send me an email with your shipping address and i will mail it out.  thanks!  alan

Irish Wake

Thanks Alan,email sent,if you could let me know you Received  it

alantani