Penn torque 100 star drag?

Started by Fatcow, December 11, 2009, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatcow

Anyone own one of these reels.  Looking for some feedback on how it performs.  Can get my hands on one for about $250.   Will be using it for striped bass and jigging for cod.  Hows the drag and do the washers need to be changed often.  Plus is it easy to clean myself. Any feedback would be great. ;D

THX
                                                                          Fatcow

alantani

great reels.  standard stuff for maintenance - grease the drags and screws, service the bearings.   very heavy reel, but very solid.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

basto

I have the 200. When I received the reel, a couple of screws were not quite tight. One was a screw that holds the leaf spring on one of the anti reverse dogs. The tension that is present on these 2 springs wants to unscrew the screws that hold these 2 springs in place.
I have often thought that if these screws were reverse threaded, the tension from the springs would keep them tight.

I think this is a very well engineered reel and is going to be with me for a long time.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

basto

most reels the same weight, and pull as much drag are twice as big.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dominick

Fatcow:  That is a very good price, of course depending on the condition.  I own one and I am very happy with it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.